4PCP: The Primary Practice Practitioner Program for Chronic Pain
- We have spent 20 years developing the 4PCP curriculum.
- 4PCP revolutionizes your approach to chronic pain management, to work in an effective team instead of solo.
- 2013 pilot study showed shorter visit times, less burnout, and better patient outcome
This skill-building workshop is based on the 4 Tenets of 4PCP. At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Learn new thinking about chronic pain and speak the biobehavioral language with your patients and colleagues
- Assess your patient’s stage of readiness to change and adjust your own role accordingly, making visits much more efficient
- Approach opioid prescribing or tapering in a logical step-wise fashion, the 2-diagnosis conversation with your patients who have a substance use disorder and how to de-escalate a tense conversation
- How to have efficient, productive (even fun) communication with your pain managing teammates.
Up to 34 hours of CME/CEU available for all disciplines, not just MDs, and MOC credit
- Also fulfills DEA requirement for 8 hours of opioid CME
- Three Friday afternoon 5-hour workshops, all virtual
- Two hours of low-key, entertaining background videos before each workshop
- Monthly 4PCP ECHO roundtable to discuss new approaches, cases, and challenges
- Optional practicum in your office (up to 12 hours)
2 ways to enroll in course:
1. Pay course tuition fees ($400) OR 2. Participate in our AHRQ funded research project that will cover all fees. Please let us know if you would like to enroll in our study!
Upcoming Course Dates 2024
Apr: 3rd, 10th, 17th
Sessions take place from 1-6PM on Zoom.
*Flexible scheduling also available. Contact us or fill out our interest sheet for more info: https://redcap.vcu.edu/surveys/?s=DTCL9WJNJHNELWFD